Thanks to Melissa for her post about Jerry Fuchs! Although I have never personally met a musician that changed my live, it did make me think of all the music and lyrics of bands that have had a major impact in my life. I have always listened to music to express my emotions. I think everyone does. There is a song that goes with every human emotion you can possibly think of. I also love listening to music that really move you and push you to feel and think about things outside of yourself.
1. I have become Comfortably Numb’ Comfortably Numb – Pink Floyd
2. Did did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when a promise of a brave new world un fell beneath the clear blue skys’ Goodbye Blue Sky – Pink Floyd
3. Sister and her boyfriend slept in a park
Had to leave home because he was dark|
Now they parade around New York with a baby boy
He’s Gorgeous!’ No One’s Leaving – Janes Addiction
4. You don’t know me
You don’t know me
But you just keep on looking at me down low.
Oh no. – Obvious – Janes Addiction
5. But he makes me want to hand myself over. –Pagan Poetry‘Bjork
6. I’m a tree that grows hearts
One for each that you take
You’re the intruders hand
I’m the branch that you break. –Bachelorette‘Bjork
7. Monkey killing monkey over pieces of the ground
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
they forge a blade, and where there’s one they’re bound to divide it
right in two. –Right in Two – Tool
8. How could I be so immature
To think he could replace
the missing element in me
How extremely lazy of me – Immature–Bjork.
9. I am thinking it’s a sign
that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images
and when we kiss they’re perfectly aligned – Such Great Heights‘Postal Service
10. I don’t know my future after this weekend! And I don’t want to – Big Time Sensuality‘Bjork
11. If the sun refused to shine
I would still be loving you.
If mountains crumble to the sea,
there will still be you and me – Thank You –Led Zepplin
12. And to think
you got a grip
Look at yourself
Your lips are like two flaps of fat.
They go front and back and flappity flap’Exactly Where I’m At– Ween
13. You’ll be given love
You have to trust it
maybe not from the sources
you have poured yours
maybe not from the directions
your are staring at – All is Full of Love! – Bjork (one of my absolute favorite videos directed by brilliant music video director Chris Cunningham)
Lets keep it going folks. Post some lyrics that have changed your life or maybe they just made you smile.