Thanks to the lovely programmers we have toiling away here at Schipul, our monthly Tendenci update has just been released. Here are a few fun things to look forward to:
1. New Icon Rows
2. User Imports now features a more robust check of the usernames to prevent duplicate user names from being generate
3. For our new Tendenci users, we have Introduction Tutorials for getting started with a new Tendenci site on all development sites.
4. CMS Display Page URL verification: When a display page URL is typed in, a message will be displayed if a page already exists for that URL. Right now this is on Add page only but it will soon be added to the Edit page.
5. WYSIWYG Update and the Firefox 3 hyperlink bug has been fixed.
6. Jobs, Releases, and Calendar Events homepage blocks have now been converted to CSS for custom styling. Contact you project manager if you would like to change the way they look
7. The yellow highlighting in the admin view of Catalogs had been removed for a cleaner less confusing look
If you have questions about any of these updates, you can contact Support at 281-497-6567 ext 411 or email them at email@example.com
Thank you again for using Tendenci!!!!!!!
Great news! We are holding our very first annual Tendenci User Conference on Friday, September 28th (you can register online here).
This will be a great chance for you to connect with other users, learn more about the Tendenci software and help us grow the Tendenci software with your ideas and insights.
The User Conference will give you some face-to-face time with our teams, not to mention provide you with a chance to meet and interact with other Tendenci users. Some topics that will be discussed:
- Web marketing with Tendenci – Panel discussion on maximizing your public relations, marketing and search engine marketing power through your Tendenci-driven site.
- The Connective (and addictive) properties of online business! – A great look at the connective strengths of marketing and doing business on the Internet.
- Down and dirty sessions about your favorite Tendenci modules – with great real world applications to inspire you!
We’ve also got other events going on around the Tendenci User Conference that you should know about (and hopefully attend!):
Web Marketing Bootcamp – A day full of intensive training sessions covering Web marketing, Search Engine Marketing, Social Media and more! These sessions will be a little more advanced than our normal Tendenci training curriculum – so get ready for a great mental workout and come with questions!!
Breakfast With Ed – A pre-conference morning kick-off event with Ed Schipul and team. This will be a laidback breakfast and coffee hour to get yourself revved up for the day’s events and have a little one-on-one with some of our team.
Tendenci 10-Year Anniversary ‘Thank You’ Party!!! – Join the Schipul gang, family and friends for a celebratory ‘Thank You’ party in honor of 10 great years!
Have you been to Tendenci training lately? It’s fun, it’s free and can really help with the success of your Web site! Plus you get to meet Schipul-ites in person and interact with other Tendenci users.
We have 3 really great classes for you to attend next week:
- Monday (3/21): Intro to Tendenci
- Wednesday (3/23): Intro to Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Thursday (3/24): Content Management
You can also take a look at the rest of our training classes by visiting our Schipul education calendar here.
Does your Search Articles page show a category called "Category" lumped in with your real categories? Do you have a "SubCategory" too??
These were set up during the development process to populate your category lists. Now that you have real data on your site, you can get rid of these generic category labels.
Just go to your Site Variables listing for your site and find the one for Articles Category. Change the default name from "Category" to a basic category you currently use on your site, such as "Member News" or "Community Events". Do the same for Articles Subcategory.
Use this same process to get rid of the generic categories in Directories.
Not sure how to change your site variables? Contact Schipul at 281.497.6567 and anyone here can walk you through it!