Want some ideas on how to help make your Web site work for you? Check out these revenue generating tips from Ed Schipul’s article:
- Membership fees –
Organizations can increase membership and generate profit from their
event online registrations and having a healthy organization.
- Job listings – Job boards are a proven money maker, with association Web sites like www.ppag.org and www.haf.org
benefiting financially. This is a valuable service to provide your
members as it helps connect companies to good people and brings in
extra dollars to grow your organization.
- Business Directories – Tendenci’s business directory module is another proven money maker, for example Only in Houston’s Creative Directory Listing.
Some organizations choose to offer this as a member privilege, while
others open the directory up to any and all interested businesses.
Either way, it’s a valuable component of your association’s Web site.
- Newsletter sponsorships – Newsletter and email sponsorship opportunities, for the right vertical market, can produce great results!
- Courses – Association Web sites like www.pharmacytechnician.org
charge for continuing education through Tendenci with great success.
Their pricing model is around $7 per course, or free with membership,
which also drives membership.
- New lead generation
– People being found on Tendenci sites typically renew their membership
in that organization. This isn’t able to be directly tracked back to
Tendenci like Membership Fees, but overall a healthy organization
brings in more members and makes a profit.
- Banner Ads – Banner ad click through rates are rapidly decreasing, but it *is* a valid way to get brand impressions and does drive some traffic while providing revenue to the organization. www.spegcs.org is a good example of this.
How are you making YOUR Web site work for your organization? Let us know – we love to hear your success stories!