UPDATE: We have a winner!! Congrats to Rebuilding Together San Francisco! We are beyond moved to learn about so many amazing nonprofits, thanks to all who participated – stay tuned for more upcoming NPO online marketing training!
Getting to work with nonprofits like the Houston Zoo, the Pink Ribbons Project, and the Houston Area Red Cross allows us here at Schipul to do two things we loveâ€¦ help organization with their web marketing efforts and focus on the ‘Do Goodâ€ part of our vision. We also love it when other folks focus on web marketing and good-doin’â€¦
So, we were pretty thrilled to learn of Beth Kanter and Allison Fine‘s new book ‘The Networked Nonprofit: Connecting with Social Media to Drive Change.â€ So, thrilled in fact, we were inspired to do a little good to celebrate the Holiday Season with a super special give-away.
What You’ll Win
In keeping with the feel good’ giving spirit of the season’ we want to help a non-profit with their web marketing efforts. We want to help an organization focused on doing good to do even more good by giving away 5 copies of ‘The Networked Non-Profitâ€ as well as a half day ‘Social Media Book Campâ€ Training.
The Networked Nonprofit
Beth Kanter’s blog describes Networked Nonprofits as:
‘â€¦ simple and transparent organizations. They are easy for outsiders to get in and insiders to get out. They engage people to shape and share their work in order to raise awareness of social issues, organize communities to provide services or advocate for legislation. In the long run, they are helping to make the world a safer, fairer, healthier place to live.â€
Networked Nonprofits don’t work harder or longer than other organizations, they work differentlyâ€¦ read the full post here >>
My Top 3 Take-Aways from the book are:
- LOVE the very clear, direct way the book is written. Not full of fluffâ€¦ it gets straight to the point and let’s nonprofits know what they need to be doing to be successful.
- The examples make what can seem like an intangible topic very do-able.
- My favorite thing about the book is it does not focus on the tools of today that may be gone tomorrowâ€¦ it focuses on the fundamentals for how to use the social space to bring about change.
Wanna be a Networked Nonprofitâ€¦ we wanna help!
How to Win
Enter to win by leaving a comment below and let us know:
- What ‘Do Goodâ€ your Non-Profit is focused on.
- What is one way you are using Social Media for your organization right nowâ€¦ not using Social Media right now? No problem. Let us know one way you see you could incorporate it in the coming year.
We will use a random integer generator to pick a winner on December 30th.
Training is available either here in the Schipul Office or in a webinar format.