Having the right tools is a big part of being successful. The YMCA is working to give back to the Houston community and help children in-need ease into the new school year with a new backpack and school supplies. The goal is to reach 40,000 backpacks by Aug. 15.
How Does Operation Backpack Work
- Operation Backpack works just as you’ve probably imagined. Using a list of recommended school supplies (available on the YMCA’s website), donors will:
- Purchase a new backpack for a child in elementary or middle school.
- Buy school supplies and put them in the backpack.
- Write a note of encouragement to the child and put in the backpack.
- Drop off the backpack at any Houston YMCA or participating business, church, or organization drop-off location between now and Aug. 15th.
The online donations will go towards a $50 school supply shopping spree hosted by the YMCA. Donors can give a general gift or make a donation to a YMCA location of choice.
Be A Drop-Off Location
Operation Backpack will run from now through Aug. 15, so there’s still time to sign-up to be a drop-off location. It’s a perfect way help make donating to the program convenient and easy for people in your area. Just fill out the sign-up form on the YMCA’s Operation Backpack site and submit it.
For additional information or to find a YMCA near you, contact the YMCA of Greater Houston at 713-659-5566 or contact:
Association Advancement Department
We’re happy to help as well. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 281-497-6567.