Coming Soon to a Tendenci Website Near You…
…Anyone Can Register Anyone with Tendenci’s Event Registration Upgrade!
We’ve updated the event registration system with new features that will go live in all Tendenci websites later this week.
Once the new system is implemented, Tendenci site admins will be able to enable event registration for anyone by anyone else when registering for one of your events. This includes registering someone who qualifies for a discount.
You and your members will be able to use this new feature to register your friends and professional associates for events for them and pay the correct discounted price they are eligible for. You won’t have to share login information and passwords or miss out on event registrations because someone wanted to register but didn’t have time or forgot.
How it will work:
As an attendee who is not logged in: you click the register button, select one of the available prices and submit your registration. You can repeat the second step as many times as permitted [by the event] to include more people.
In order to qualify for discounted pricing, you’ll be asked to submit your email address or member number. You can register using a discounted price if the email address or member number submitted is eligible. You can also repeat this step as many times as permitted.
If an email address is associated with a discounted price, that email address can only be used once to register. If the email address is not associated with a discounted price, the email address can be used repeatedly. This will prevent someone from using the same email address for a member to register their non-member friends just to get the discounted price.
Here is the full list of updates we will be unleashing this week on your Tendenci software for association website management:
- Updated several status message styles across modules, making alerts and status notices easier to see and understand. Some of the places you’ll notice these changes on your website include:
- Tendenci impersonation status
- When you add, edit or delete Pages, Articles, and News
- When you add, edit or delete Events
- Membership Applications and Member profiles
- Improved the foreign language translation capabilities of Tendenci Stories Module and User Profiles
- Added new tracking features to give you better information on your site users’ activities on the website, including:
- New tracking of how many times .PDFs and other non-image files are downloaded or viewed
- New tracking of how site visitors are using the different modules on your website and where they are visiting the most
- You can now view a registered user’s site activity individually from each user’s profile
- *Reports for this newly tracked data are coming soon
- Added a “Print Page” option to the stories module
- When a Member renews and changes their Membership type, Tendenci will automatically stop sending Membership Notices meant exclusively for their previous Membership Type
- Expanded Membership Search functionality and now you can search any entry field to find search results
- Membership status messages have been expanded to display expired members and if the expired membership has passed renewal or is still inside the renewal period in addition to displaying active membership status. You can easily view these on each member profile page
- Newly created sites now have a “click-and-edit” feature for changing your logo
- Improved the modal boxes styles to increase user accessibility when adding or changing Template content with Tendenci Spaces
- Improved navigation style updates in the module pages
- Updating how new style changes are implemented to reduce the need for registered site users to refresh and clear their web browsers cache
- New Event Type Color! We have added a new light blue color to the Events Module
- Added “Email Address” or “Member ID” validation functionality to the Event Registration
- Updated the Directory Price page to make it easier to use
- Updated the directory pricing page to feature “add/edit” options when appropriate.
- Updated Drag and Drop menu for managing online video galleries and videos
Not using Tendenci for your website CMS?
Questions about these Updates?