And we’re not just talking web design either… we’re talking about the design of all of your everyday things from the mundane to the magnificent.
To celebrate our love of design, we’ve got a super special giveaway for you this month!!
Our very own Search Engine Marketing Team Manager, Jonti Bolles, is a former professor of Architecture and we can testify that this gal loves her design… so much so that she was tapped to offer her expert design commentary in the recently published Deconstructing Product Design book by Will Lidwell and Gerry Manacsa.
Want a copy? Tell us what product you can’t live without and what about it’s design has made it integral to your life.
For inspiration check out my 5 Favorite Product Designs from the book!!
- the Motorola Razr V3: I had one of these babies. And yes I agree… the silver version pictured in the book was a step forward for phones, but the Pink Razr (with duct tape accents) that I personally owned was what I’d consider more of a giant leap. Razrs are risiliant little things and last for years!
- Aeron Armchair: I sit in a wannabe one of these (from Eurway) all day at work and I would never switch to a different chair. Commenter Carley H. Franklin calls it the “Rock-Star of the Seating World” and I wholeheartedly agree! Even if my chair is merely the pop-star version.
- the Chanel No. 5 Flacon: Ladies across the world will unanimously agree that this famed bottle of perfume is one of the iconicÂ symbols of all things womanly.
- POM Juice Bottle: I love pomegranates so by proxy I love this bottle. The design helps too.
- Glock G17 Semi-Automatic Pistol: I’m an Army Gal and so weapons of all shapes and sizes interest me. This one is a little smaller than the ones we used to tote around in basic training but I love that they featured it in a design book!!
So one more time. How do you win this awesome book??
- Leave a comment below
- What product can’t you live without and what do you LOVE about its design
- We’ll pick a winner using the random integer generator on November 18
- Make sure you include a way for us to contact you when you win!!