Your 2011 Schipul Posts with the Most Love
At Schipul, we love to spend our time researching what’s new and innovative and the “next big thing” in web technology and online marketing. Â We are super-pumped to uncover all the awesomely geeky web-tech coming in 2012 – and wanted to take a moment and reflect on what You thought was the best and most interesting news in web marketing in 2011 before we ring in the New Year – from our mobile phones, of course!
Our SEM team pulled up our analytics reports and took a look at what You were reading and sharing in 2011. Â Here are the most popular blog posts visited on the Schipul blog and the most shared posts on FacebookÂ in case you missed one.
Posts with the Most Reads on the Schipul Blog in 2011:
- Drupal and WordPress at SchipulCon – Drupal’s Founder, Dries Buytaert, joined the stage with WordPress’s Founder, Matt Mullenweg, for an awesomely open chat about Open Source, website CMS software, and how they got where they are today. Â Read the blog post and then check out the video from SchipulCon 2011!
- 5 Ways to convince your Boss to Buy You an iPad2 – Want an iPad and want your company to pay for it? Â Check out our 2011 blog post with tips to help you demonstrate the value of having an iPad2 for business use to your Boss, plus find links to great iPad business apps and accessories for your iPad. Â Leave a comment and let us know if your Boss bought you an iPad2 after reading this article too!
- Monster Drupal Remix Featuring A.Hughes and D.Stagg – We love music and Drupal here at Schipul – so we thought it made perfect sense to combine those two passions and create the Monster Drupal Remix Video. Â Watch it now and then come learn more about using the Drupal CMS software for your organization’s website.
- Nerd Alert: Get your CSS Menus in front of the New YouTube player – Come learn some advanced CSS tips for embedding the new YouTube and Vimeo iframe style players into your website pages. Â Then come read how online video can generate new leads online and improve your website visitors’ experience on your site.
- google+ is here and why you should care – This blog post gives you the scoop on using Google+for your organization or personal account. Â After you know how to better use your Google+ profile, come get the code to add a Google+ share button to your website on the SEM Blog.
Posts with the Most Shares on Facebook in 2011:
- Â 14 Years and a Big Year at That – Schipul – The Web Marketing Company turned 14 years old in September of 2011 and our CEO, Ed Schipul, shared some of our successes, lessons learned, and memories of the amazing people that have worked at our company in the past 14 years. Â Now come check out AIGA Houston’s 2011 Brand Legend Roast which included a Roasting of our fearless CEO this year!
- Schipul Loves the Cali Sunshine Come Visit Our New Office – We were super excited when we announced the opening of our second branch location out in Silicon Valley and apparently – You were too! Â Thanks for helping us announce our new offices and come read more about our California office website and web marketing services.
- Watch Our Video and Meet the Schipul New GuysÂ – We love to make videos and show off our creative and geeky side and we’re glad You enjoyed meeting our newest Schipulites in this video post. Â We invite you to come hang out with us in 2012 and meet us in person too!
- Five Companies to Watch from Launch Silicon Valley 2011 -Â Not only does our Silicon Valley office manager, April Kyle, get to enjoy beautiful California weather year round, she also gets to hear about the up and coming technology start-ups coming out of the California region before the rest of us at our Houston branch. Â Read about these Five 2011 start-ups out of Silicon Valley and if you are in the area -Â come by our California office and say hi to April!
- google+ is here and why you should care– Google+ is 2011’s newest big thing for online social communications and so it’s no surprise it made both our top 5 2011 Posts with the Most lists. Â Here are 3 more great guides to help you fully utilize all that Google+ has to offer in 2012:
There’s Even More to Love Ahead in 2012!
Add Schipul to one of your Google+ Circles Â to tell us what types of blog posts you’d +1 in 2012.
Follow Schipul – The Web Marketing Company on LinkedIn and see what we are up all year.
Keep current with the constantly changing web environment with our new, weekly feature page The Newest, Coolest, Next Big Thing on the WebÂ where we’ll pick what we believe is going to be a Web Game Changer in 2012.