Boss [baws, bos]
- exemplifies a unique quality; awesome; incredible
- An expression from the mid 1950s, which fell from favor by the early 1960sâ€¦.until now..
Bro, traffic blew this morningâ€¦I was 20 minutes late to work and missed donut circle time. Dude, go check out the Bumper 2 Bumper Traffic Blog, it’s so boss!
My mornings are not your typical ‘wake up, drink coffee, sit on your thrown reading a nice article about ‘Why we swing our arms when we walk‘â€ routine. They usually entail a Sprite on the rocks, Quaker oatmeal, andâ€¦(queue harmonious music)â€¦KPRC’s traffic updates brought to by Jennifer Reyna. To be quite honest, I don’t really care much about traffic, my morning drive is pretty ordinary with the familiar stoplight hobo and occasional rubber necking. Basically, it comes down to the simple fact that Jennifer Reyna is so gosh darn adorable and an hour on the ol’ boob tube just ain’t cuttin’ it anymore. But I have found the light…
Jennifer Reyna’s Bumper 2 Bumper Traffic Blog is seemingly mundane, but I stand true to my word when I say this is a must-read. And I think you know where I am going with this. That’s right my tiny cupcakes, the Boss Blog of the month is every Houstonian’s greatest foeâ€¦traffic.
This recent “find” if you will, is what I like to call a boss moment. I could equivocate this to the time your beloved Harry Potter obsessed monkey friend literally dragged you to opening night of H.P.’s latest flick, in turn leaving you with a little obsession of your ownâ€¦Hermoine Granger. In a nutshell, the movie is the traffic and Jennifer Reyna is Hermoineâ€¦now you’re with me folks!
So what makes a blog about traffic so special? Go ahead and pump those breaks champ…I am going to tell you.
Here are my Top 5 Reasons why Jennifer Reyna’s Bumper 2 Bumper Traffic Blog is the Boss Blog of the Month:
- I really don’t have to say much here…
- It’s rare to find true passion in a human being, much less through a traffic blog. The Bumper 2 Bumper blog exhibits just thatâ€¦passion. With every post, you know Jennifer is writing from the heart. Hell, I bet she sits at her computer singing The Beatles and yelling out random sayings like, Skittleeedooo!, just because she is that happy. To be honest, I find it quite enjoyable to read about Goat Milking Contestsâ€¦
- Jennifer posts pictures from just about every event she attends. I realize that posting pictures on your blog is nothing new, but for a reporter, it’s good to show people you are actually human. Like I have said before, I just don’t trust robots and neither should you if you know what’s good for your children.
She listens. Every few posts, she takes questions that she has received from her viewers and answers them openly and honestly.
Could you please tell me why we swing our arms when we walk? Also, thank you for being you.
I will be crossing my fingers for a response in the meantime.
- Jennifer has obviously realized that KPRC is not just a TV station. It is a media outlet. She has enabled viewers, like me who are unable to watch a lot of television, to receive information through her blog. She has also built an extraordinary brand through her Bumper 2 Bumper blog and that is definitely something to be modeled. Jennifer Reyna is not only an inspiration to the Houston community, but she has made my morning commutes a little more enjoyable. Jennifer Reyna…you’re boss.
Say hi to Jennifer on Facebook!
Thank you Kim Yokota for the awesome traffic pic!