Everything becomes a little brighter. There’s a little â€œpep in your stepâ€ if you will. Your heart putters, patters, hiccups, hell it does something cool. Basically, your life has been changed foreverâ€¦
The year was 1994 and I was at the ripe age of 9 when I fell in love with THE Dallas Cowboys. It was a cool autumn evening, November 7th to be exact, when my dad drove the family to Texas Stadium to watch the Cowboys take on the Giants. I remember the magnitude of it all; the fans, the noise, the cheerleadersâ€¦the feeling of being a part of something bigger than I could imagine. Unfortunately, I also remember being jealous of my brother’s Dallas Cowboys Starter jacketâ€¦it was the 90’s. Needless to say, I was there. I was there to watch Aikman throwing bullets to Irvin, Thomas Everett knocking dudes out, Emmitt Smith becoming this unstoppable train and more importantly, the Cowboys 38-10 victory.
Since that first game I have been hooked on America’s team. I realize that not a lot of people care for the Cowboys. Some say it is the equivalent to being a Jonas brothers groupieâ€¦but if you are a diehard fan of any team, you understand that football is much more than just a game which is why I’m giving thanks.
I am thankful for the The Dallas Cowboys becauseâ€¦.
- They are the reason Sunday Funday is actually fun.
- They can make me madder than hell, but can turn right around and crush, I don’t knowâ€¦the Eagles.
- My high fives have become awesome.
- I have no outside worries when watching a Dallas Cowboys game.
- I truly believe the Dallas Cowboys will provide me with my future husband, Jason Witten.
- They play on Thanksgiving’ that is self explanatory.
- You will always become friends with that one other drunk Cowboys fan at the bar.
- They are like your childâ€¦win or lose, you will always love them.
- Because they are nothing like the Philadephia Eagles.
- I have a feeling the Dallas Cowboys love me too. I will even venture to say they are thankful for me as well.
I want to also give a little thanks to my Pops, Ol’ Russ. You are the one that took me to my first game after all. For that…you pretty much rock.