This month’s Netsquared Nonprofit + Technology Meetup was a great discussion on social media with Lauren Ramsey.
We started with the simple problem that may marketers face – so many social media platforms to engage on, but what to write and how to organize it all?
Here are a few ideas to get you to great new content:
- Community -Who can you write about? Do you have fundraising superstars you can feature? How about employees? What about the leader of your organization?
- Engage your audience – Send out a survey and post the resulting answers. Spread the answers out over a span of time. Making things visuals helps draw attention so include images or add some styling to the questions and answers. If someone asks a great question – spread it across the community.
- Cross promote – Posting amazing photos on instagram? Just uploaded a new video to vimeo? Use your other social media outlets to draw traffic there.
How to organize it all:
- Create a weekly calendar with every hour of the day
- For each hour fill in what platform you will post on and what content you will post
- Review your results – a weekly view will help you figure out where there are gaps in content or if you are focusing too much on one area!